COMMERCIAL RE-USE OF UPPER FLOOR TOWN SPACE
We obtained listed building consent to fit out the first floor office space within this Grade II* listed building.
Our historic evaluation of the property revealed that until 1928 there had been no upper floor, the building being built in the mid-Victorian period as the town’s Corn Exchange. The 1928 conversion to offices was designed by Sir Edward Maufe, architect of Guildford Cathedral. His balcony had been removed in 1962 and we have obtained permission to have this reinstated.
The offices are now complete and occupied by our clients.